Till now, we have heard a lot about Building management systems and how they have become a necessity for the smooth functioning of buildings.
Today let us have a thorough insight of what does exactly building management system does?
What does Building Management Systems do?
AAG Engineering’s building management systems help meet the comfort and safety needs of your occupants. It also increases your operational and energy efficiency through a full range of HVAC, energy, lighting, and smoke detection and management solutions. The single coordinated view of these systems and their synchronized response promotes a safer and more energy efficient building every day and better response in the event of an emergency.
How does building management system actually do this? Let us have a better look into it.
What is the role of the BMS in day-to-day building operations?
- Measuring and Monitoring Building Performance: Building management systems measures and monitors building performances constantly. Just measuring the performance is not sufficient until and unless the measured performance is monitored. It actually compares the performance with daily performances and any discrepancy is reported back or as per-programed it even takes the required action.
- Interacting with other building systems: Building management systems even interact with each other like if the measured performance is different from the daily performance then it may interact with other systems to match the performance.
What are the means of building Control?
- Graphic User Interface (GUI): It is used for monitoring and adjustments to be done in building management controls.
- Real Time Monitoring of Building Operation and Performance: Constant monitoring is required in building management systems. For example, if the building is located in a region where the temperature is below zero, it is necessary to maintain the temperature of water pipeline in positive to avoid freezing of water. If in a building in such area management systems are not observe minutely then it may be risky.
- Trending and Logging of Building Operation and Performance: It is very important when tuning the system and determining the stability of control algorithms.
- Time Scheduling of Building Systems: Timely management of all building activities is must even if it is related to lightning or bill payment or even water supply.
- Fault Management and Alarming: If any discrepancy is noted an immediate action to rectify it should be in place and even an active alarm system should be implemented immediately.
- Control Application Programming: All control programs should be in place as and when required by the application.
- User Event Management: For a particular event right from lightning to emergency measures all should be well incorporated.
- Energy Management and Reporting: The most crucial reason for building management system is an efficient to use of energy. Any point where it is consumed more or can be minimized should be immediately brought to notice.
Basically, building management systems prime function is to control the following:
- Air Conditioning systems
- Air Handling Units
- Chilled Water Plant
- Cooling Towers
- Tenant Condenser Water
- Heating Water Plant
- Exhaust Systems
- Zone Controls
- Computer Room AC
- Main Plant Chiller and Boiler sequencing
- After Hours Building Control.
Building management systems is a vast and very vital in day to day activities. The above-listed activities are just a small part of it. To get more detail information about building management system and to implement it in your building contact our sales representatives at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.aagengg.com.