Here are few facts about PLC-like what it is, how it works, advantages of PLC designed by AAG Engineering Technologies as well as some of the most common misconceptions about PLC.
What is Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)?
Basically, it is a special form of a microprocessor-based controller that uses a programmable memory to store instructions and to implement functions such as logic, sequencing, timing, counting and arithmetic in order to control machines and processes.
PLC’s are more suitable for industrial purposes as they are designed to be operated by engineers with limited knowledge of computers and computing languages. This attribute of PLC makes even non-technical person operate plants efficiently.
AAG Engineering Technologies have a niche in implementing tailor-made PLC’s for all verticals of industries in almost every field. Our engineers have experience in pre-programming it so that the control program can be entered using a simple, rather intuitive, form of language.
At AAG, we understand that in industries almost every process works on logic. Therefore, our programming is primarily concerned with implementing logic and switching operations.
How do PLC works?
PLC software works like any other software programming that is on the principle of input and output. Input devices, e.g. sensors such as switches, and output devices in the system being controlled, e.g. motors, valves, etc., are connected to the PLC.
AAG designs PLC in such a way that operator has to enter a simple sequence of instructions, i.e. a program, into the memory of the PLC. While working with our PLC, the industrial operator has to just monitor the inputs and outputs according to the program and PLC then carries out the control rules for which it has been programmed. PLC works on this simple principle.
What are the advantages of using PLC designed by AAG Engineering?
- With PLCs same basic controller can be used with a wide range of control systems. That means to modify a control system and the rules that are to be used, what operator needs to do is key in a different set of instructions.
- There is no need to rewire. The result is a flexible, cost-effective, system which can be used with control systems which vary quite widely in their nature and complexity.
Myth that PLC is similar to computer
PLCs are similar to computers but whereas computers are optimized for calculation and display tasks, PLCs are optimized for control tasks and the industrial environment.
Advantages of PLC over computers
PLC over smarts computers because
- PLC is rugged and designed to withstand vibrations, temperature, humidity, and noise.
- PLC have to interface for inputs and outputs already inside the controller.
- PLC is easily programmed and has an easily understandable programming language which is primarily concerned with logic and switching operations.
PLC was initially developed in 1969 but since past decade its importance has visibly increased manifolds. AAG has also, gained huge recognition for its tailor made PLC software. We too have more than a decade’s experience in implementing PLC software catering to client’s requirements.
Automate your plant with AAG engineering Technologies PLC and other process automation services. Contact our sales representatives at email@example.com directly or visit our website at www.aagengg.com.